Punching, Shearing & Laser Cutting of Carbon Steel Instrument Panels for the Diesel Engine Industry
Precision Metal Fabrication is your one source solution for sheet metal fabrication services. A customer in the agriculture and diesel engine industry came to us for a steel instrument panel punching project that employed our punching, shearing, and laser cutting capabilities.
The carbon steel instrument panel is used to house the operating instruments of a diesel engine. It measured 16.50" long x 6.50" wide x 0.10" high, with a 0.10" (12ga) thickness and tightness tolerances to ±.030". The instrument panel was finished in a lava black powder coating; we then performed various in-process tests and inspections to ensure specifications and standards were met. This project was 100% visual and dimensional inspections, as well as powder coat thickness testing. Our state of the art laser cutting and punch press equipment produced 2-3 units per week for 2-3 weeks with unparalleled precision and quality.
The customer was extremely satisfied with the instrument panel quality and our timely completion of the project. Contact Precision Metal Fabrication to learn more about this project or how our comprehensive sheet metal services can benefit your application.
Steel Instrument Panel Punching Project
- Steel Instrument Panel Punching Project
- These panels are used to house the operating instruments of a diesel engine.
- Precision Punching Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Laser Cutter, TIG Welder Turret Punch Press
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 16.50"
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.030"
- Material Used
- ASTM A36 Carbon Steel
Thickness: 0.10" (12ga)
- Material Finish
- Lava Black Powder Coating (SDI-PS-1002)
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Weldment Verification/Certification
100% Complete Inspection - Visual, Dimensional
Powder Coat Thickness Testing
- Industry for Use
- Agriculture, Diesel Engine
- 2 - 3 per Week
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 2 - 3 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- Seville, Ohio
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Instrument Panels